Did you know that our all time favorite summer fruit watermelon is pack with good nutrients that may help improve our health? Aside from healthy 92% percent water, the 8% is filled with good nutrition and amazing health benefits. Also, watermelon is now considered by the American Heart Association as a heart-healthy-food!
Here are the good reasons why we should keep eating watermelon!
1. Watermelon is the lycopene leader. Lycopene has been shown in many studies to be protective against growing list of cancers. It also help lessen the risk of heart disease and protects our DNA inside white blood cells.
2. Watermelon contains citrulline, which can trigger production of a compound in the body that helps relax the bodyâ€™s blood vessels, in a way similar to what happens when a man takes Viagra, according to a Texas A&M study. The effect is also beneficial to the hearth circulatory and immune system.
3. Watermelon is packed with vitamin A that help your eyes, skin and mucus membrane moist. It also has antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals in the body that cause tissue and cellular damage.
4. Watermelons are packed with B vitamins, which are good for energy production. It also delivers more nutrients per calorie, as it so water dense, making it as the best fruit to consume before and after exercise.
5. Improves your bodyâ€™s defense system via high concentration of vitamin C, an important antioxidant that helps ward off illness and help our bodies combat Â the bad effects of pollution and environmental stress exposure.